CW Heater Maintenance Will Keep You Warm All Winter
- Your heating system should be professionally serviced once or twice a year to keep it in good condition. This is important for three reasons:
- Reduces energy consumption. Professional furnace maintenance helps the system keep running at a high level of energy efficiency. That makes it less expensive to run.
- Reduces the risk of a breakdown. Service appointments are for cleaning dirty parts and replacing old, worn ones. Staying on top of these tasks reduces mechanical strain and helps prevent the system from untimely breakdowns, costing you more money and higher utility bills.
- Extends the lifespan. Most heaters last 10 to 20 years. You can help your system last longer by taking good care of it with regular maintenance and repairs as needed.
Living in Lewisville, Carrollton, or elsewhere in DFW? Choose CW Service Pros for heater repair and HVAC servicing. Our expert HVAC professionals offer the best in home heating maintenance to keep your heating in great shape—so your family stays warm all winter, no matter how cold it gets.
CW Service Pros Testimonials
Brady delivered outstanding service from CW Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning. He finished the task quickly and provided a detailed explanation of it. He is really knowledgeable, courteous, and patient. The value and service I received have left me really happy.
E Ann Wiley
Excellent quality and prompt service. Would without a doubt suggest using their services. Even on a weekend, they answered the phone promptly. gave prompt information regarding the precise time of their arrival. Justin performed admirably. He carefully went over every aspect of his problem diagnosis. completed the task as instructed by him and left the workspace tidy. I'm grateful, C&W Plumbing!
Prompt and very good quality service. Would definitely recommend their services. They were quick to respond on the phone even on a weekend. Provided timely updates on when exactly they would arrive. Justin did a great job. He patiently explained ever detail of his diagnosis of the problem. Did exactly what he explained and left the work area clean. Thank you C&W Plumbing!
Call CW Service Pros in the Summer or Early Fall, and We’ll Take Care of These Tasks Before Winter
- Calibrate the thermostat.
- Check electrical connections and system controls.
- Check for duct leaks and seal any leaks found.
- Check belts and motors for signs of wear.
- Analyze combustion gases to ensure the furnace is burning fuel efficiently and safely.
- Check air intakes for obstructions.
- Check the heat exchanger for signs of corrosion or rust.
- Test safety switches.
- Check flame sensor, ignition, and burners.
- Check the combustion blower for noises and blockages.
- Test wiring connections and for signs of corrosion.
Don’t stress about heating maintenance. Schedule us to come out twice a year, and we’ll make sure your entire HVAC system is in good working order.
Heater Maintenance Tasks You Can Try Yourself
The following maintenance tasks are things many homeowners can do themselves, even without lots of DIY experience. But if there’s anything you’re uncertain about, you can always call CW Service Pros, and we’ll take the reins.
- Clean and change the filters. Most filters should be changed or cleaned every one to three months, depending on how heavy your heater use is.
- Inspect the drive belt (if applicable). Check for cracked, frayed, or worn areas. If you spot any signs of damage, call CW Service Pros to repair or replace the belt.
- Check the burner flame. The flame should burn evenly with a blue color. A yellow flame may mean the burners need professional cleaning or maintenance.
- Adjust the dampers. Some systems have dampers that need to be adjusted with the seasons. Most of these systems are marked to show the adjustments that need to be made.
6 of the Most Common Heater Problems
Heater repair tends to come down to a handful of common problems. Some of these issues are things you can address yourself if you have experience with heaters. But if you’re in doubt, it’s always best to call the experts at CW Service Pros. Furnaces can be dangerous to work with due to combustion and gas-related safety hazards. When you need professional repair near Carrollton, Lewisville, or Plano, call CW Service Pros to get the job done safely and correctly.
1. Dirty Filter
Filters need to be changed frequently to keep your heater running efficiently. For most systems, it’s easy to change or clean the filter. But if you’d rather have CW Service Pros do it, we can make it part of a routine maintenance visit. You can also set up for auto shipping of filters.
2. Pilot Light or Ignition Failure
In a gas system, a pilot light failure might cause furnace trouble. In an electrical system, it could be the ignition that fails. Either way, it’s best to call in an expert for this issue.
3. Fan Trouble
If the fan doesn’t come on, it could be an issue with your thermostat, filter, or circuit breaker. Check all three, and if your fan still doesn’t work, call a technician for help with heating system repair.
4. Abnormal System Cycling
Your heating system will cycle on more frequently and for longer periods the colder the weather is outside. But even then, it should cycle off every so often. If it’s constantly cycled on or is running on very short cycles, there’s something wrong. It could be the filter needs changing, or you might have a thermostat issue. Call an HVAC CW Service Professional to check it out.
5. Odd Odors
It’s normal for your heating system to emit a burning odor when you first turn it on each year. This happens as the system burns off dust that has accumulated inside the unit as it sat unused over the summer. But this smell should only last for a day or two. If the odor persists for longer, try changing the filter. If that doesn’t solve the problem or the smell is like electrical burning, call a professional HVAC tech to discuss heating repair.
6. Problems with Ductwork
The most common problem with ductwork is leaks. Leaks reduce the efficiency of your heating system and make it more costly to run. To solve this issue, talk to an HVAC professional at CW Service Pros.
What Makes CW Service Pros the Best for Heating Repair and Maintenance?
In Carrollton, Plano, and other North Texas suburbs, CW Service Pros is the best choice for heater repair, furnace repair, and HVAC maintenance. When you work with CW Service Pros, you can take advantage of all these benefits:
- Skilled licensed and insured technicians. Every technician is extensively trained, not just in HVAC repairs, but in customer care too. You can trust CW Service Pros technicians, thanks to our rigorous screening process. We’re the professionals, with the credentials to prove it.
- Same-day appointments. When you need us, we’re there, for heating repair, maintenance, inspections, and more.
- 24/7 emergency service. Have a problem that can’t wait? Call us any time.
- Up-front pricing. You get a written estimate for the job before we start work.
- Gold Membership HVAC Plan. When you become a Gold Member, you receive bi-annual HVAC tune-ups with all the heating maintenance you need. Plus, you’ll have priority customer status, with your call moved to the top of the list, and a discount on repair services.
- All parts from trusted brands. We use only the best parts from trusted brands.
- City permits. If your job needs an inspection or permit, we’ll arrange it for you. From permit requests to paying the fees to scheduling with the city, we’re your personal concierge for this service.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed. The job isn’t finished until you’re happy with the results.
- Thousands of happy customers. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and lots of positive feedback from sites such as Angi, Expertise.com, HomeAdvisor, and Thumbtack.
Financing Options for Purchases, Heater Installations, and Heating Repair
We partner with the Wells Fargo Home Projects card to provide you with financing offers from 0% interest terms to low-interest rate revolving credit with longer payment terms. The application process is easy, and the credit decision is almost instantaneous. Learn more on our financing page.
We also offer some of the best new equipment warranties available in the industry today, some as much as 99 years! CW also offers excellent warranties on labor, parts, and materials.
Choose CW Service Pros for Expert HVAC Heating Repair, Servicing, and Installation
Looking for an HVAC company for heating repair, furnace repair, or heating maintenance in Plano, Carrollton, Lewisville, or a surrounding neighborhood? Whether your heating system needs its annual checkup, it’s giving you trouble, or you’re ready for heater replacement, call CW Service Pros to work with the experts.
CHOOSE CW SERVICE PROS FOR YOUR HEATING REPAIR NEEDS
CW Service Pros has been serving the residents of Lewisville, TX and the surrounding suburbs for many years. We know our customers rely on us to solve their HVAC problems ASAP! That’s why we offer same-day appointments whenever possible and why we have a 24/7 emergency HVAC services, so we can fix your home air conditioner and get you cool again!
When you have an air conditioning or heating problem, turn to CW Service Pros. An HVAC tech will assess your situation, let you know what needs to be done, and give you a quote for the work. Whether you need home AC repair, duct cleaning, or something else, the job will be done ASAP, with minimal disruption to your home and routine. We’ll work hard to keep your AC repair costs low.
When you call CW Service Pros, you can expect:
- Time-tested expertise
We’ve been serving residents of Lewisville, TX and the surrounding suburbs for nearly 25 years. Since our start in 1999, CW Service Pros has been dedicated to delivering the very best service to every client.
- Expert technicians
Our trained technicians are experts in plumbing and HVAC, and they’re customer care experts too. All CW Service Pros techs are background-checked.
- 24/7 emergency callouts
We’re here to help, any time.
- Up-front pricing and no hidden costs
Once we’ve assessed your case, you’ll receive a written estimate for air conditioning repair costs or heating repair. No hidden costs, ever.
- Trusted brands
We only use the best parts, all sourced from trusted brands.
- City permits
If any City of Lewisville inspections or permits are needed for your job, we’ll take care of the applications and appointments.
- Satisfaction guaranteed
Our customers are important to us, so if you’re not happy with the work we do for you, we’ll stay on the job until you are!
We’ve received a five-star average rating over 27,000 reviews from customers! It’s proof of our strong commitment to consistently excellent customer service. We also have an A+ from the Better Business Bureau and awards from sites like Angi, HomeAdvisor, and Expertise.com.