Why Attic Insulation Matters
Attic insulation is more than just a fluffy layer in your attic. It's a powerful protective barrier that keeps your home comfortable and your utility bills manageable.
Insulating your attic can save you up to 15% on your monthly energy costs. Adding insulation to your home normally pays for itself quickly by reducing your monthly gas and electric bills.
Adding insulation also improves indoor air quality, reduces strain on your HVAC system, and contributes to environmental preservation by reducing overall energy consumption.
The Benefits of Blown-In Fiberglass Insulation
At CW Service Pros, we recommend blown-in fiberglass attic insulation, also known as loose-fill insulation. It creates a thermal barrier that reduces heat transfer between your home's interior and the outside environment.
This effective attic insulation is popular because it offers:
- Superior Coverage: Particularly effective at filling nooks, crannies, and hard-to-reach areas like corners and framing edges in your attic.
- Energy Efficiency: Adds up to an R39 value, increasing your home's energy efficiency by up to 40%.
- Soundproofing: Reduces outside noise, providing a quieter indoor environment.
- Safety: Non-combustible, fire-resistant, and 100% noncorrosive to metal pipes or wiring.
- HVAC Protection: Reduces the wear and tear on your HVAC unit.
- Longevity and Durability: Doesn't rot, mildew, decay, or settle because it doesn't hold moisture.
Does My Attic Need an Attic Insulation Assessment?
The U.S. Department of Energy suggests that most homes across the country have less insulation than they should. Recognizing the signs of inadequate insulation is the first step toward solving the problem. It might be time to assess your attic insulation if you're experiencing higher energy bills or inconsistent temperatures across rooms.
Signs that you should call CW Service Pros for a home attic insulation assessment:
- Your home is more than 10 years old. Due to normal settling and wear and tear, some types of old insulation lose their original R-value over time.
- Higher gas or electric bills than normal or increased year over year.
- Damp or moldy spots in your existing attic insulation.
- New respiratory problems could be due to chemical off-gassing from substandard insulation materials or growth in existing insulation.
- Birds or unwelcome critters that nest in your attic due to holes or cracks.
- Drafts or cold spots during winter; warm interior spots in the summer.
- Different temperatures in different parts of the house.
Not sure your home needs attic insulation service?
Call CW Service Pros for a free and honest assessment.
Our Professional 7-Step Process for Attic Insulation
The condition of your attic's insulation directly affects your quality of life on a daily basis. Since every house is different, our experienced techs assess whether you need the service. If you do, we explain the best solutions and give you a written estimate before any work starts.
- Free Initial Inspection: A trained CW insulation technician comes to your home to discuss any issues you're having and evaluate the condition of the existing insulation. If insulation is needed, we move to the next step.
- Preparation: Once you give us the OK, we carefully seal any gaps, cracks, and holes in the walls and ceiling to optimize the efficiency and longevity of new insulation. If the existing insulation is in good shape, we can blow the new insulation over it. If any existing insulation is damaged by moisture or pest activity, we safely remove it.
- Equipment and Safety: Our skilled experts install your attic insulation using professional insulation installation equipment.
- Full Coverage and Distribution: Installers evenly propel and distribute the insulation to achieve the needed thickness and coverage for optimal thermal performance, carefully avoiding gaps and over-packing.
- Post-Installation Inspection: We professionally inspect the entire area to make sure the insulation is fully distributed as specified for optimal thermal performance.
- Cleanup: The entire work area is thoroughly cleaned to remove all traces of debris.
- Documentation: We provide you with all required documentation with details about the material and thickness, plus any warranties or guarantees.
Why Choose CW Service Pros?
Since 1999, we've been committed to delivering exceptional service and expertise to Texas homeowners. Our highly trained staff is fully equipped to handle your attic insulation needs. We're always striving to surpass your expectations.
Here are some reasons to go with CW Service Pros for your attic insulation service:
- Expertise: Our team undergoes rigorous training to ensure top-notch service delivery to homeowners throughout North Texas.
- Awards & Reputation: We’re proud of our industry accolades and positive customer reviews because they reflect our longstanding commitment to excellence.
- Long Service History: With over two decades in the business, we’ve built a reputation for reliability and quality.
- Flexible Scheduling: We're on call 24/7 and can schedule your free consultation or service when it's convenient for you - even same day.
- Free Written Estimates: We're always happy to assess your situation. If work is needed, we give you an honest, no-pressure estimate.
- Honest, Upfront Pricing: No one likes surprises. That's why you always receive a written estimate before any service starts.
- Friendly and Professional: We're committed to your satisfaction because we want to be your first choice for all your attic insulation needs.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: We take care to maintain a safe and clean worksite. If you’re unsatisfied, we stay on the job until you’re happy.